Traditional concepts of human burial and cemeteries have been challenged by changing perceptions. Large impersonal cemeteries have lost their appeal and the concept of cremation is maturing with an increasing use of columbaria for cremated remains. Cemeteries and columbaria have design standards and details particular to this land use. Memorial gardens are transforming these features into multipurpose outdoor space for prayer and meditation.
- Withlacoochee Eco-Cemetery Concept, Sumter County
- Lake Magdalene Memorial Garden and Columbarium
- Lake Carroll Cemetery and Columbarium
- Holy Cross Cemetery, Odessa
- Messiah Lutheran Memorial Garden and Columbarium